Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A Day in the Life of Us

Since this is my last semester of school ever and since we've added a furry friend to our family, I thought I would update our daily routine as I'm sure life is only going to get crazier.

The past two mornings have begun with all of us waking up with the alarm. This is definite progress as hopefully Coco is now able to sleep through the night without needing a potty break. Here's hoping that streak continues. Anyway Sean gets ready for work and I take Coco outside. I've enjoyed hearing all the sounds of morning with the birdies singing and the squirrels just being crazy. Then it's time for breakfast for the furry one. As a growing pup, she definitely makes us aware of when she's hungry. She's still taking medicine for kennel cough and a powder of good probiotics for her GI, but hopefully we'll be done those on Wednesday and I'll have a well puppy for the first time ever. Typically as Sean is packing up his stuff and making his lunch (bad wife - I know), I'm having an inside game of fetch with Coco. Before Sean leaves, we pray together for the day that we will have apart and then he's off.

By this time Coco has pulled all of the blankets and toys out of her crate and is most often ready for bathroom round 2 or the ever fun, let's grab a stick and try and bring it inside. We play together for about 30 minutes and then she's ready for her morning nap. When she was waking me up throughout the night, I would nap with her, but now I should be more productive with my life. Then we go outside and I read for fun or for school on a picnic blanket while she goes hunting for sticks and chews them up.

Then it's lunch time for the little one and time for me to go most days. I currently only have one class on Tuesday afternoons, but the month of April I will have a Tuesday and Wednesday morning class. Either way she gets put in her crate (never willingly) and I head out to school or the gym. On Mondays and Fridays I play softball with my PT classmates and with Sean's coworkers. Sean tries to come to the Monday games if he can with work and school (math class on Monday and Wednesday nights - ick) and we definitely go together on Fridays.

We make it home in time for dinner for Coco and to let her outside. She definitely is full of energy at this point and we both take turns getting the energy out. We make dinner and then relax on the couch, each in our recliner with a little pup running between us or behind the couch and doing sneak attacks. She cries when she would like more attention which is sad and cute at the same time. We often play Monopoly Deal in between entertaining the pup. She's not the smartest with her bones and somehow always loses them under the couch. Mind you, she has the entire living room to play in.

Then it's time for bed and Coco goes out one last time. I have to put everything back in her crate and then put her in it. Currently she can be picked up, but she seems to grow everyday, so we need to work on her listening skills. Then we go to bed and depending on her mood, listen to her whine and/or bark for 1 - 10 minutes.  We chat for a little bit about our day in a whisper so she doesn't hear us and cry even louder and then we fall asleep, ready to begin again the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment