Thursday, July 12, 2012

Bachelorette Weekend

This weekend we celebrated one of my good friends, who will become a married lady next week. We traveled to a gorgeous beach a couple hours away and the water reminded me of cruises I've been on with the beautiful blues and greens. Several of my friends left earlier on Friday and got our rooms and went shopping for breakfast and lunch, while myself, Katie, Jessica and Jaci left later. Jessica has a grown up job and we had to wait for her to get off work. I had a lunch date with Sean before leaving him with Coco for the weekend so I joined the later crew.

We stopped for dinner on the way at Cracker Barrel and had a yummy dinner/breakfast. It was the same one we stopped at on our way to Miami when one of mis amigas was going to the Miami vs. OSU football game for a first date. We then made it to the hotel which apparently was also the hot spot for an All-Star Baseball tournament - kids were all over :/

We got a tour of the hotel; walked on the beach and put our feet in the ocean. It was the perfect temperature, not chilly at all. We then washed our feet off and went back to the bride-to-be's room to chat.

The only plans for the next day were to relax by the poolside and dinner reservations at Seasons 52. Now, I was sleeping with the chicas who set an alarm to wake up by 9am and needed it. Nothing wrong with that, except I woke up at 6:30 am. Our room had a skinny balcony, not wide enough to fit a chair on, but I snuck out there and read and watched the sun rise over the beach. Our room didn't face the beach, but we had a view of it and it was gorgeous. There is nothing like the sound of the waves with the ocean breeze and the wide expanse of endless water - I am a Florida girl 100%. I then meandered close to the beach to chat with Senor Seano, as you see, our hotel was a black hole for cell phone services. I liked it since it's harder to disconnect and just relax on vacation with phones. And then I went to my early friends' room. I couldn't tell if they were awake. I tried to listen at their door, but all I heard was this man snoring next door. I knocked and Rachel quickly answered. Apparently they had not slept well as the room with the loud man snoring had been loud all night. We had a lovely breakfast of Panera bagels and then got dressed and went to the pool.

We had a nice relaxing time lying out by the pool, reading our books and chatting. There were a lot of little kiddos at the pool and so we got splashed quite a bit when in the water. Katie's 2 soon to be sister-in-laws arrived and got some competitive hand stand games going. Then they did cheerleading stunts with Rachel, Jessica and Katie K. It was getting close to dinner time, so Sarah, Jessica, Katie M (strange, even though it's been a year), and I went to the beach before shower time. There were a lot of waves, but the water was so clear.

Dinner at Seasons 52 was nice. Katie wore 2 sashes, one that said "Future Mrs. Green", a crown with a veil,and 2 buttons. Dinner was yummy, but for some reason was not quite what I expected. We finished with dessert in shot glasses (have to throw a little bachelorette fun in there) and then went back to the hotel for presents!!! Katie was a little nervous about opening her presents, since her SILs may have gone a little crazy, but it was all good. Katie M passed down lovely, huge, granny size white hanes underwear that her MIL had given to her. Whoever is next on the list can expect them. We then signed her cake, which she was so excited about since it had pink and orange flowers (her wedding colors) and chatted for quite some time.

The next day I again awoke earlier than my roomates, so I decided to go read and chat with Sean on the beach. I saw a lot of ghost crabs carrying the sand out of their holes and had the sun basically at my eye level (problematic since I had no sun glasses). I enjoyed the sand which wasn't too hot yet and all the pretty shells. This beach was definitely one to consider for future visits. Then I went and chatted with the early morning ladies and had breakfast. We changed into our bathing suits, packed up our stuff and went out to the pool for a couple more hours. Once we got hot and hungry we decided we would finish this celebration with a stop at cracker barrel as a group before going our separate ways. Pretty yummy. We made it safely home (I slept most of the way) without too much sunburn and now can count down the days until her wedding!!!

1 comment: