Monday, October 8, 2012

What a Monday!

Today I started my first week of work as an almost credentialed PT. I have one more age group that I'm waiting to get credentialing for, but other than tha, I'm almost there.

I started my day with 6 absences and 3 patients on hold. That equals 4.5 hours of no work for the day.

I had my first outpatient patient today, which means parent interaction, which always makes me nervous.

While treating a child, a fire drill happened. Problem: we're on the second floor. What makes that a problem - she's a kiddo in a wheelchair. She's fortunately little so I just picked her up and carried her down 2 flights of stairs.

Because I had so few kiddos, I left early. I wasn't a mile on the highway before I heard "boom boom" followed by "bud-ba" on repeat. Yep, flat tire. I pull over to the extra space and go to call Sean. Problem: cell phone died eariler this morning when I was chatting with my mom. I even sent her an email from work letting her know that I was ok and sent one to Senor Seano.

The blessings in all of this:

My light caseload for the day meant I could leave early. I was going to leave during rush hour due to my original schedule. This also meant that I was able to pull over to the right side pretty easily.

Because I was close to an exit, I didn't have to walk far to get off the highway. Then I was a beneficiary of someone's random act of kindness. As I crossed the street to get to a sidewalk, a car went in reverse to get besides me. I sent a quick prayer that it would be a woman and a non-dangerous one at that. She offered me her cell phone. I was able to call Sean to let me know what happened. She then said that it was not safe for me to walk back to my car and she drove me to my car. I prayed that God would keep me safe and she was doing a random act of kindness.

I get back to my car and within 5 minutes, Road Rangers comes up and fixes my flat for free.

I then get to my mechanic and there's not a long line due to the time of the day. Plus, my new tire cost $4.16 because we bought road safety protection on my tires.

All in all this day could have been much worse, but there were so many blessings in the hiccups.

No comments:

Post a Comment