The last two weekends have been packed with adventure. Two weekends ago I had my birthday adventure. Somehow 26 is not as exciting as 25. But my adventure was fun.
It began with yummy breakfast at one of my favorite places, followed with a family walk to a river. We recently found trails to a river by our house and there's a little sandy area. We let Coco explore and just enjoyed the beautiful area in nature while close to home.
But the adventure continued to Sea World where Sean had booked behind the scenes tour of the sea lions. Exciting! We had to wait until 3 for the fun to start. It was also the start of latin weekends with concerts and latin food. I ran into one of my coworkers while checking out the area. There were tables set up to play dominoes. I generously allowed Sean to win both times. We checked out a couple of shows; I rode in the front on Kraken and decided that I might be getting too old for roller coasters. Sad day. We waited in the sea lion area for our adventure to begin and watched the sea lions bark for food and the birds try to steal it from the people and the sea lions. Seriously, I could watch them all day.
But it was time for our adventure to start. We joined 2 other families and went back to watching the sea lions. We learned some fun facts - multiple sea lions perform in each show; only the alpha male in the group becomes a dad; baby sea lions are able to swim in 30 minutes. We then got to get our picture taken with Rewind, a sea lion named that because he only went backwards when he was a pup. We moved back to where we started and were given a huge bucket of fish each. One of the smart sea lions had jumped up on one of the rocks and stuck her head out to catch the fish before the others could reach it. The sea lions knew they had hit the jackpot and had swarmed over the area. Except for the other males who were not allowed in the alpha males territory. I had to softball throw fish out to those guys. Then it was time to wash hands and ride home. We still smelled fishy.
It was a wonderful birthday adventure. Sean knows my favorite sea animal and kindly celebrated it with me.
The next busy weekend will just have to wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment