Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Is this it?

Today marks 39 weeks, 39 weeks of carrying my little man, 39 weeks of being pregnant, feeling him move inside with his kicks, jabs and pushes, 39 weeks of an experience that last year I was uncertain if I would get to have. And I find myself checking every pain, every discomfort, seeing if it will repeat. I find myself singing to the tune of "What's this?" from A Nightmare Before Christmas, replacing it with "Is this it?"


It probably doesn't help that at my appointment last Monday my doctor said that he would be born that week most likely. Well that whole week came and went and was followed with another doctor's appointment this past Monday. I'm still pregnant. It messed with my whole timeline since my due date is not until April 30th and anything before that would be considered early. But now I feel like I'm late because I'm still pregnant.


Anywho, tomorrow is the day that Sean and I picked as most convenient for him to be born. Sean will have his 3 day weekend and will then be able to go on vacation with maximal time off. So really anytime today that I start to go into labor would be awesome. And I hope it happens. I have never been so excited to be in pain before. So although it's an arbitrary day with no real medical support behind it, I am eagerly expecting to be in labor by tomorrow morning. We'll see. At this point my prediction is a good as anyone else's.


For now I'm trying to enjoy these little pushes and rolls, knowing that their time is soon coming to an end and I will never be able to feel him like this again. Even if I don't have him tomorrow, I will only be pregnant for another 2 weeks with him and then our whole lives will change. We're trying to squeeze in as many date nights as we can.


But I'm bouncing on a yoga ball as I type this to encourage the little man's entrance to the world and I have some pineapple on the menu as well. Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment