study like crazy over this weekend because
I have 5 finals in 3 days
and last time 1 of the finals, a cardiopulm practicum, took from 10 am to 7 pm to administer (I fortunately went at 1 pm)
and that assumes that I didn't violate any major rules today when I took my first final as we broke the no school on Friday rule.
Today we had to practice being PTs in front of real, non-professor PTs. We were paired with a classmate and we then had to diagnose the patient based on their history and how he/she presented. Nerve wracking, believe me. Overall I did good but the one main comment from my PT was confidence. She just doesn't know how confident I've become. Her feedback was really helpful and once it was all over, it was a good experience.
But back to white coat: I get mine on Wednesday with the rest of my classmates in a formal ceremony where the professors also announce who the best clinician was and who was the best acting patient - our "Emmies." It's a part of our send off since we start clinicals November 1st. Granted the only other time I will wear it is for our graduation pictures but I still get!
Like my teachers say, I'm a half-doctor now. In only another year and a half, I'll be a whole doctor of PT. Scary thought how time has passed so quickly.
(This also explains where I've been these past couple of weeks - living at school for project fun. Only 3 more days of school!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
YAY! So excited for you to start clinicals! Love you friend and am so proud of all of your hard work!
ReplyDelete