This is our second year being married for Thanksgiving so we're basically pros at it :)
Fortunately my instructor gave me Thanksgiving day off and because I had to work this Saturday and Sunday, I got Black Friday off! This meant I could go shopping on Friday and had today off as well! My schedule worked out wonderfully!
On Thursday Sean and I drove over to Tampa for Thanksgiving lunch. His parents came down and we got to spend some time with the whole family, especially with our adorable niece who is just so much fun!
After lunch we all went to Sports Authority for some shopping the family. Mackenzie and I had an interesting conversation on the way back to her house. When she asked why I couldn't take a nap with her, I told her I had to go home to see my parents. Her follow-up question: Did your parents die and go to live with Jesus? I guess since she hasn't seen them, they don't exist.
Well, it was time to take the ritual after Thanksgiving meal nap, except I took it while riding in the car back home. Poor Sean, he had to skip the ritual.
Now it was time for Thanksgiving dinner at my parents' house. What I like about having both Thanksgivings is that I get to keep all my traditions but still enjoy it with both families. At my house, I still sit at the kids' table, even though the youngest "kid" is 19. With all my grandparents and aunt and parents, there's just no room for us at the table. Afterward, the kids head upstairs to play foosball and play our padres.
Thanksgiving break isn't over because Friday is Black Friday! Mom gets to my house and we head out to Old Time Pottery Barn. I got Christmas plates and flowers for decorations. Year by year the decorations will add up. Then its onto the mall with our newspaper adds. We hit the stores up hard and were out later than we've ever been. I returned home with my goodies and napped again.
Saturday I went to work but when I came, I had to get ready for my dad's 50th surprise birthday. We drove over and met up with a lot of family friends whom I haven't seen in quite some time. I believe Dad was genuinely surprised. The house had a foosball table and cornhole. Billy and I made a pretty impressive team except when I had to play offense against Sean. I just can't score against him.
Sunday was a work day and a rest day when I came home. Today I spent time working on my presentation that I have to give on Friday and Christmas shopping for Sean. Tomorrow starts my 4 day work week!
It was a great Thanksgiving! I am so blessed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment