Monday, November 1, 2010

The weekend leading up to it all

After White Coat Ceremony, what does one do?

First I had to complete 3 hours of online professional modules that I hadn't yet done for clinicals and turn in my certifications.

But then onto the fun activities:

Sean took the day off on Friday and went to Magic Kingdom! Yippee!! We left somewhat early in the morning because I wanted to see the opening parade. We would have almost made it but the monorail wasn't working so well. We did, however, pick an excellent day to go. We started in Tomorrow Land and I waited at most 10 minutes to ride Space Mountain. We then rode Buzz Lightyear twice. I almost beat Sean the first time. I even got my camera out to take the picture of the score. But then we got stuck and Sean scored some major points. Bummer. Off to another land. We went to Fantasy Land and rode Peter Pan. Disney's currently building a Beauty and the Beast restaurant that I hope opens before our passes expire. Fingers crossed. Then onto Frontier Land for Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain. Woohoo for hardly any wait time! We picked an excellent route. After that we went to ride Pirates of the Caribbean and Jungle Cruise. After that I'm sad to admit, I was pooped and so we went home.

Post nap time, it was time to celebrate all the glories of Florida fall. By which I mean, mid 80s weather and brown leaves. We had yet to carve our pumpkin so I searched for easy designs. Since we don't have a printer, I had to be able to sketch the design on paper. We had a fun time carving out Mr. Frankenstein together. Meet Mr. Frankenstein:



We finished the night with snuggling and catching up on our shows.

Welcome Saturday:

I had to get up and go buy scrubs for clinicals on Monday. But first I started my day off with Sean's Saturday morning pancakes. He is so good to me! Then it was time to get ready for some football! UCF was playing ECU and both teams were undefeated in the conference. It was bound to be a good game. We headed out and met my parents who were tailgating as well. UCF came out to play and they did a good job beating the pirates! We chilled again in the evening.

Sunday morning and it's time for church. We're going through Daniel and it reminds me of the Beth Moore Bible study I did with one of my good friends. After church we went out to lunch at Logan's to join in their celebration of Halloween with their BOGO coupon. I took my ritual Sunday afternoon nap and then got dressed into my "costume." See, mi esposo loves all that's free and Jeremiah's Italian Ice was giving away free gelatis if you were dressed in costume. I went as a PT doctor/MD and Sean went as a black belt. Real original, no? Hey, it was a chance to wear my white coat again.

Now it was time to come home and change into normal clothes to get ready for a Halloween get together with some of my Sunday School classmates. We watched The Ghost and Mr. Chicken and just enjoyed our time together. We are so blessed to have made such good friends so quickly! I love those girls! We enjoyed some yummy Halloween sweets from one of the girls who is basically a modern day Betty Crocker. Then we had to head home since I had to get up early in the morning to go to work :)

1 comment:

  1. Awww, a good weekend! I was thinking about you yesterday. Can't wait to hear how it's gone so far! And I loved that Daniel study- it will always be my favorite, I think.

    ReplyDelete