While I haven't had much going on, these past couple of weeks have felt busy.
For one, I returned from my spring break trip to Jamaica about 2 weeks ago. It was the first true "spring break" trip I think I've ever gone on. We spent 4 days working in 2 special-needs orphanages and had a day of fun as well. This trip was what I was most excited about when I was entering PT school. That was, of course, after the excitement of actually being accepted for the class of 2012! We got to work with a couple of kids with motor disabilities and see what we could do and show the caretakers how to do. I fell in love with a 9 year old boy. He was small and very skinny but he had the most beautiful eyes and the longest eyelashes. He didn't smile much at all but our task was to get him comfortable and stop crying. Leaving him on Saturday was hard. For the most part, however, our job was crowd control as our teachers taught the caregivers. I was crayon patrol and had my art skills tested as the kids asked for me to draw pictures for them to color. Let's just say that art is not my gift. Our fun day consisted of going up into the mountains and rock hopping/climbing a river bed. It was quite fun and I am proud to say that I didn't fall. We came home on a Sunday and the next day started up school again preparing for a weekly quiz.
Our Disney annual passes also expire soon so we've been trying to enjoy them while we can. The passes rank pretty high up on my list of favorite presents ever. The past couple of weekends we have been going to one park and trying to do everything at that park. Epcot was this past weekend and we've already done Hollywood Studios (MGM is so much easier to say) and Animal Kingdom. That leaves Magic Kingdom for our last weekend with the passes and to celebrate my birthday a little early, we're going to eat dinner in Cinderella's castle. By the time we booked it the only option was 8 pm. Maybe that means there won't be as many little ones, but I doubt it. After all, it is Disney World.
We also had a Baby Shower/Going away party for one of the couples in my Sunday School class. It was a happy/sad time as we celebrated the answer to pray that this little one is and the answer to pray for continued job provision even though that means moving away from us. As my Sunday School teacher said in his prayer, "We're jealous of whatever church they join." We'll get to see them one last time before they move so at least it wasn't a total good-bye. The mommy to be shares a lot of similarities with one of my best friends since childhood which triggers a dual set of happy/sad emotions. I am thankful for the invention of skype for both of them.
I guess that's a brief catch-up. School is still school. The second half of the semester is getting busier than the first was so I'm trying to stay on top of that all. It's hard to believe that the end of this semester means I'm in my 3rd year of DPT school and that this semester is the last semester of straight classes that I will ever take (I don't foresee another professional degree in my future). Maybe I'm just emotionally "busy" but that still feels busy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment