Married - check
Working - somewhat. This summer semester is 12 weeks of work. That counts. Only 2 more semesters left :)
Bought a house - check!
That is right, chicas, yesterday was the biggest spending day of our lives. Sign here. Initial here and then sign the last page. Sign as your name is typed here (which is not how I sign my name). Read over the numbers (Sean's job). Make sure your social is correct.
Basically after an hour and a half of this fun with the seller and her adorable 17 mo son to keep us entertained, Sean and I became home owners!
We had been debating whether we wanted another year of apartment life or were we done. I had been looking online at houses and about 2 mo ago we found one that we might want to look at. We emailed the real estate agency and they set us up. Let's just say that pictures can be deceiving. It was good for a first experience but yeah, not so much. This agent then began forwarding us homes that we might like that fit our criteria. After a couple of weeks she found one that I really liked - good location (I can bike to school for those last 2 semesters), beautiful fenced in yard, well maintained.
We decided we would sit on our decision for a couple of days - no need to be rash, right? Our agent called us that evening to say that an offer had already been placed. If we wanted it, we would need to come in the next day and create a contract. After praying and talking, we decided to call her and start the process.
Obviously our offer won and fortunately the price negotiation was worked out via appraisals. Let's just say: Sean and I are not negotiators. We do not like high pressure situations nor do we show any desire to thrive in them.
Then, we basically did nothing for a month. By we, I mean me. Sean did a wonderful job coordinating the paperwork, getting all the necessary information, finding the right people for the tasks we needed! He is amazing!
The time finally came for us to close on it which leads me back to the sign here, initial here fun. It did finish and we had house keys and a garage door opener and the passcode for the garage door! We drove over to the house to check it out. Sean sadly had to go back to work so I just goofed around in it until he was done and then we went to get dinner. Our first meal in our home was a gourmet Publix deli sub and chips complete with paper towels for plates. It was a sweet moment with mi esposo in nuestra casa.
As far as my excitement goes, I will probably be most excited when we move in which won't be for almost a month as we paint and recarpet and clean to get ready for all our stuff.
But even with an ever growing to-do list, I am still rather excited to say: We're homeowners!
If you want to check out what it looks like, here's the link for the pictures: http://joycesingrossirealtor.mfr.mlxchange.com/5.2.09.15900/Tools/MultiImageViewer/MediaViewerDlg.asp?Mode=1&DefaultTab=0&Address=&SysPropID=38536250&PageType=-1&ShowImages=1&ShowLinks=0





I am SoOoOo excited for you both!!!! How very exciting!! Congratulations :D
ReplyDelete