Saturday, August 6, 2011

Our first night, part uno

On Thursday we spent the first night in our house! YAY! But we're still in the move in phase so part two will be our first night when our bed is actually in our bedroom.

Yes that's right, our bed is currently located in the middle of our living room. But I'll start at the beginning of the day since I'm sure you all are anxious to hear.

Thursday morning I don't go into work until 9 so I packed our bathroom stuff in preparation for our first night. It nicely all fit in a shoebox for travel (first cue that I'm missing stuff). I head to work and then happily head to the house afterward. I arrive around 7 pm and look up the recipe for the dessert I was planning on bringing on Friday since it was my last day. All's I need is the caramel sauce like I thought so I head back out to Walmart which is only a couple of minutes away. It's closer to 8 when I return and as soon as I walk in the door I realize I need butter. Butter is at the apartment not here :( Forget it, I decide. I'll buy a fruit tray. It's more PT anyway.

Sean has deliciously prepared a pizza for our first cooked meal and we eat it on the couch. Now it's time to put our newly arrived bed together. I look at the directions and hand Sean the parts. Pretty quickly the bed comes together and the king looks so massive compared to the queen. All that is left is to put the sheets on and we are good to go. I grab the bed in the bag that I had purchased from Macy's for 50% off (woot woot) and start pulling things out: comforter, decorative pillow 1, 2 and 3, bed skirt, pillow shams and more shams. And the bag is empty. It's 10:30 at night and we have a new bed with no sheets that fit it. Oh and I didn't bring pillows either. I grab the queen sheet from our old bed and drape that over the bed and grab 2 other sheets for each of us. Sean solves the pillow problem by wrapping a decorative pillow in a pillow case.

And that was how we spent our first night in the house. I woke up every hour or two to strange sounds or to change my position. I had to wake up almost an hour earlier to adjust for the distance from house to work and the pick up the fruit tray add on. It was a rough start to my last day of my clinical but more about that later.

Adios for night 3 in the casa. We at least have our pillows now.

1 comment:

  1. yay for first night! Now...pictures!!! I couldn't get the link you sent me to work!

    ReplyDelete