So far my experience shows that moving in is so much more fun. Once I clean the space I can unpack and get settled. However, moving out means I pack to bring more mess to the house and then I clean :( Not so fun.
I am truly blessed that we've been able to have 2 homes this past month but the time is quickly approaching when we're back down to 1. Which means a whole lot more cleaning to get done in a few days. But not to complain because:
Today the bed moved into the bedroom!
Why wasn't it there to start it with?
Because we had no carpet.
Which means we now have beautiful, soft new "ganache" colored carpet in our bedroom.
I then had to do the fearful task of touch-up paint in several spots that I hadn't gotten to and then when I remembered it was too close in time-line to paint. Apparently no paint before the week of carpeting. I don't think I have ever been more careful in my life.
Thankfully all the paint went on the walls and now I'm drying our new sheets to go on our bed and then will get to put the new comforter on to see how it looks. Excited much? Very!
I did, however, pour too much paint into my paint cup thingy so I just spent the past hour using less than 1/2 cup of paint, I feel, cutting in all the corners and fun details of our bathroom. It was pretty green but unfortunately our bathroom stuff is blue and brown so it is now getting painted to match.
And now I debate whether to stay here or go to the apartment. It's more fun here but I have a whole extra week off between semesters just to spend here. And on that note, this is my last summer to fall break off. I'm growing up fast :/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Can't wait to see pictures of the house!
ReplyDelete