Saturday, October 8, 2011

It's a Rainy Day in the Neighborhood

I love waking up to the sound of rain outside. And I love it even more if I don't have to get up and go anywhere.

That is how my morning started off. We got out of our PJs, opened up the windows and listened to the rain. We watched one of our shows (currently it's Numbers on Netflix), Sean made breakfast (such a wonderful man), and we played Settlers of Catan.

And it was still raining.

I did some school work and Sean took a nap.

And it was still raining.

We ate lunch and began the afternoon of Saturday football. I decided to try out a recipe for scones that I had found. After cleaning up my cooking mess and enjoying a fresh scone with a cup of tea, it was still raining.

We decided to wash our cars in the rain. I don't know what our neighbors thought, but we just used the rain water to help wash away the dirt and make them clean. After a shower to warm-up, we made dinner while still listening to the rain.

We then headed to the UCF football game (go Knights!) in the rain with our ponchos! Sean was such a sport to go in the rain with me. I wish I had a picture of us, but I didn't want to ruin my camera in the rain. We arrived 10 minutes prior to the start and had no problem with parking. We walked across campus, making it to the stadium 30 seconds prior to the start of the game against Marshall. During the first half, the rain would come even harder. The stadium got a good cleaning as the water rushed down the steps toward the field. The players made splashes with their feet when they ran. The refs kept a towel with them at all times to keep drying the ball. Marshall was very picky about this and kept a bag of dry footballs near the sidelines. During kick-offs and punt returns, the ball hardly bounced when it landed in the almost puddles of the field.

But even though it rained, it was a great time with Senor Seano! We cheered our team with the few fans who were there. During half time we went under the bleachers to get out of the rain.
We came back for the third and 1/2 of the 4th quarter. We then made our adventurous trek back to the car. It reminded me of the 5th grade mud-walk in some parts. My flip-flops got stuck in the mud and I splashed it up my leg when I freed my shoe. Fortunately, there were enough puddles to clean us up. We then sang in the rain and I even got Sean to dance with me under the stars in puddles. We made it back to our cars, removed our ponchos, dried off with our towels and returned home.

And it was still raining.

But it has been a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment