I don't know if any of you all watch "The X Factor," but Sean has gotten me hooked. It's normally on when I come home from girls' night on Wednesdays and being that I quickly get engrossed in practically any show that I watch, I have my favorite and not so favorite singers.
Anyway last night as I came home, Sean was showing his friend some of the you tube clips of the singers who have been voted off and I requested my favorite, the 14 year old girl named Rachel Crow. She's young, but has a powerful voice. But that's not the point of this post.
We were watching the beginning of the clip where Rachel shares about her family and her life. She was a crack-baby who was adopted at 6 months of age from a crackhouse. What struck me more than the difference between her life in the crackhouse and her life now was her statement: "I thank my parents every day for adopting me." It reminded me of the parallel between her life and my life as an adopted daughter of Christ. I realized that while Rachel was saved from a crackhouse, I have been saved from much worse. And if she expresses her gratitude for her adoption daily, how much more should I as an adopted daughter for eternity?
So, thanks be to God for my adoption into His family! I am so glad the heavenly adoption process is simple and forever lasting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment