That's right, folks. I officially have started earning an income! While the caseload is not as heavy due to this being a temporary solution while I wait for paperwork to be processed, as of Tuesday, September 4, 2012, I signed my name to some notes and sent them to billing! And while this may not be exciting for many of you, I remembering submitting my first note where I didn't need a co-signer because I was a student. It was an exciting day!
As far as how it went, the week was like a meet and greet, where I get to know the kids; they get to know me; and I get to figure out the classroom routines. My first day was great. I made it to all of my patients except for 2 because of naptime. I seem to have a variety of diagnoses and treatment activities, which is good. The second day (which is my light day) had most of the kiddos being a little off. I had two that didn't sleep well, which makes them grumpy and not so excited about playing with me. But the third day (of three) was when the kiddos decided I was ready for some bodily fluids - awesome! I fortunately did not have to deal with an accidents, but I got my fair share of snot, drool and pediasure spit up. I have been welcomed! These things, while not pleasant, don't really gross me out.
So that was my first week of work. It might take a little time to sink in that I am a professional now. It's so exciting and as frustrating as it's been to try and start work, I know that I am meant to be a PT and I love being one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment