Have you ever had the feeling when you know a lot of change is coming your way, but you desparately hope it will somehow magically not happen?
Well, that's my life right now.
You see, I have been blessed to have only one of my childhood friends move away. And because she moved so far away, we claimed that no one else could. She had taken the out of state move, the out of country move, the out of continent move when she moved. See, no more moves left!
But life doesn't seem to be holding to this principle.
I have been blessed to have my closest friends live so close to me for so long. To have girls' nights on a weekly basis, to have friendships that are so dear to me be so near to me. But now, every single one of us is going through a change.
One's husband is going to be traveling for 2 months at a time for the next 8 or so months. And when the traveling is finished, there is the possibility that his company will move them to another (out of state) location.
Another has applied for a dream job that is not in the area. It's hard to vote against it when it sounds so perfect and there's so much hope to be offered. But when you spread your wings, you leave home :(
Another is the process of looking for jobs and sadly this area doesn't offer her what she wants or needs for a position.
Another's husband is looking for a position change and most of the options are out of state. Many prayers offered for a miracle position here in state.
One of the chicas and her husband are staying here (a blessing), but she had always dreamed of moving away. So it's change in a positive for us, but not necessarily for her.
And then there's me. My change: trying to enter the work force when there is a seemingly endless supply of hoops to jump through. Hopefully I have a temporary part time position that will work until I get approved by the government. I should be able to start soon. I have made good friendships with my church group and while I'm not in the "in group" of parenthood, one recently had her second baby, so I can hold her and pretend I belong :) But secretly I've felt that as I establish myself with them, I'm growing apart ever so slightly from my childhood group.
As a group, we're unsettled and the idea of becoming settled doesn't look so appealing. So for now, I will enjoy my girls' night with everyone here and accounted for and pray that the change that is to come will hold off as long as possible.
See, I told you there was craziness brewing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Seriously. I cried through this post. Even though you and I had already talked about all of this, ha! Love you friend!
ReplyDelete