Wednesday, December 26, 2012

2012 - a year in review!!

What a wonderful year it's been!

January: I was finishing up the last clinical of graduate school. I had 5 weeks left of a 12 clinical and was carrying a full caseload for the last 4 weeks.

February: Sean and I traveled to Augusta. We stayed with one of Sean's relatives for the weekend and I got to see him compete in a taekwondo tournmant. We also adopted Coco and were adjusting to being puppy parents.

March: My classmates and I completed our research project. I threw a surprise dual baby shower for one of my professors and a classmate. Also, Sean and I picked strawberries together at the local strawberry patch for the first time.

April: We celebrated my quarter of a century birthday at the Colorado Fondue Restaurant. The last time I had been there was to celebrate one of my good friends, Brittney's bachelorette party. This month also marked the last month of school, with classes and finals finishing for the very last time. It was a strange transition and I remember pausing during my last final to reflect that this was in fact my last final for graduate school.

May: This month marked the first college graduation that I got to attend. I made up for missing my undergrad one by having two ceremonies - one private with just the faculty and extended family, and the other public one in front of the whole college of health and public affairs. We celebrated in style with a family cruise - my parents, Sean's parents, and my sister-in-law's family. We came home to a living room entirely redecorated by the lovely Coco.

June: This was a month of studying, crying, praying and studying in preparation for the Board exam. I reviewed the prep book many a time and stuck sticky notes of Bible verses on it to remind me to focus. God had provided for my testing site to change from down south to the local one, which was a major blessing.

July: The month of preparation had come to an end and test day was here. It took an extra hour for me to start my test due to testing site delay. I began and took my breaks and finished around 1pm. I called Sean and we had a CFA lunch. Then the waiting game began. I had scheduled for my law exam to occur later that same week so I would have a distraction while waiting the week for the big results. the results came on Monday, a moment I will never forgot. I couldn't believe it was real. I gave Sean a leaping hug and began crying in amazement and utter shock. I became a licensed physical therapist.

August: I signed my contract and started the working process, getting my company set up and getting all the needed numbers and forms completed.

September:  I started working as a physical therapist! How wonderful to sign my name with PT after it. So exciting!

October:  I traveled with Sean on his business trip to San Diego. I got to see and stand in the Pacific Ocean and see wild sea lions and seals. We also went to the zoo and toured the area. It is so much fun to travel with Sean and go exploring together.

November:  We celebrated Thanksgiving with all of our state family on both sides. I am so grateful that I have such wonderful parents on both Sean and my side of the family.

December:  We got an early Christmas present - our first nephew was born! We got to see him and celebrate Christmas together on Christmas Eve.  He was healthy and born free of complications - praise God! He was so little and he slept so much. I guess that happens when you're only 6 days old.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, what a great year, Courtney! So many highlights in such a small time period!

    ReplyDelete