Friday, March 8, 2013

Randomness

My last post was on my dresses that I ordered for my brother's wedding and I'm still waiting on them to arrive. Hopefully it will be soon, but I still have 2 months before the wedding. Impatient, I know.

These past couple of Sundays I have been reminded of how much you can learn from a 5 year old Sunday School class. Sometimes the lessons seem meant for me, not them.

Which brings me to the book I'm reading through right now: Job. These 2 passages are speaking to me right now and I love where they are positioned in the book, one in the beginning and one in the end:

Job 1
20At this, Job got up and tore his robe and shaved his head. Then he fell to the ground in worship 21 and said:
“Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked I will depart. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised.” 
22 In all this, Job did not sin by charging God with wrongdoing

Job 42
Then Job replied to the Lord: 2 “I know that you can do all things; no purpose of yours can be thwarted. 3 You asked, ‘Who is this that obscures my plans without knowledge?’ Surely I spoke of things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me to know."

I hope my responses to adversity and suffering will be like that of Job. He's such a good model.

Work has picked up which is good, but it also means that I've lost some of the free time that I had. I'm learning as I go and I think I now have done everything for the first time. Now I can work on getting better.

We're babysitting my niece and nephew overnight on Saturday. Our nephew is 2 months old, so there will be some night feedings. Sean and I get to practice parenting so it's a good trial.

Tonight we get to meet our friends' son for the first time and bring them dinner. He was almost 10 pounds when he was born. My poor friend.

Sunday is my brother's fiance's bridal shower. I bought her her plates that she requested, all 65 in one box. One heavy box. One heavy box that was on the bottom shelf and that said "team lift." I needed assistance and will need assistance to get it out of my car.

We have a busy weekend ahead of us and I hope it all goes smoothly. The exciting thing is that in 2 weeks I have spring break and my friends who work in another county have the same week off. I think the beach is calling us!

No comments:

Post a Comment