Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter!

Tomorrow is Easter!

Outside of my birthday, this is Sean and I's last "first" holiday as newlyweds. And as a way of celebrating it, we're having all of my family over to our apartment for Easter dinner.

That means today is a busy day getting ready. So far today I've prepared:

a strawberry cake

corn casserole

green bean casserole

ambrosia.

Still left to do:

set up the spare table for all our guests.

unpack the plates and dishes so everyone has something to eat on.

dust and clean.

hang picture frames

make Sean's Easter basket.

But most importantly of all I need to remember the reason for Easter.

Not the bunny or the eggs or whether everything looks perfect or goes perfectly for tomorrow, but the fact that Jesus' resurrection is the foundation for our faith. One of my favorite puppet songs sums it up nicely: God's not dead; NO, he is alive! And he's living inside of me.

Happy Easter everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment