1. I went to a town smaller than the one where my husband grew up. It doesn't even have a stop light.
2. I got to throw a snow ball - something I haven't done in years. I had to make it out of the snow piles created by the snow trucks. My dad let me hit him in the back.
3. On Friday I got to see my Aunt and cousins and, of course, my brother. We got to tour the post and check out his classrooms and the gym. The gym is huge - six floors, huge basketball courts and probably my favorite part - a room with PT equipment.
4. I walked out of my room in the hotel to see secret service standing by my door. It's quite startling to see. Why, you ask, were the secret service by my door? Because the President of Rwanda was staying in the suite two doors down from our room.
But the highlights don't stop here.
5. My brother has done very well at school and so we got to go to a private reception with lots of important people that came up and chatted with us. Mi hermano did a wonderful job handling the pressure. One of the important people there was our roommate, el presidente. After waiting for a little bit, we went up and shook his hand and got our picture. How neat!
6. We got to go and check out his room and play pool in their hang out room. It was just some good old fashioned family time.
7. I flew on an airplane by myself for the first time. And I got to fly home to Sean, instead of him flying home to me. We go to hang out and catch up on our shows and just relax before break ends.
I'll get pictures up later and share some more of the stories from my trip!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment