Thursday, September 30, 2010

A girl's gotta have friends!

While not being one to like change, growing up I wondered what it would be like to move somewhere, live somewhere else. You see, until last year, I had only lived in one county my whole life. And now we live on the border between that county and another. Seriously, the sign for my one and only county is right next to our apartment complex; we just live on the other side of the line.

But I have realized a major blessing for living in the same area: I have been able to keep the same close group of friends for almost my entire life! Fortunately, none of their parents was into moving either, so from 5th grade on, these girls have been a part of my life. Birthday parties, sleepovers and conversations that have matured over the years from dreams as little girls to dreams in grown-up girls' hearts - boys, getting married and life after college. I have truly been blessed!

In college, God blessed me with another best friend who had to move away from her group of friends at home in another state to here in La Florida. I am so glad we met as two people at a BCM retreat who didn't really know anybody and God paired us up for the games that night and for all sorts of events over the years. She was even my maid of honor at my wedding. Truly, I have been blessed.

I say all this to express that I was nervous starting out a new church and having to make new friends. How could I come to have such close relationships with people I have only known for about a year? Could God really give me another group of strong Christian friends that are paired with awesome guy buddies for my husband?

Why should I have ever doubted? I came back from a baby shower for one of these friends a couple of weeks ago and was amazed at how close we have become! It was a wonderful time of fellowship and cleaning up was just as much fun as we chatted and joked around. One of these girls introduced us to Thai food as we went on a triple date and then played card games together. I love and care for these lovely ladies so much and am so blessed to have formed such quick friendships with mis amigas!

Truly, I am blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment