It's actually here and while I still feel grossly unprepared for what is going to hit me in a mere 2 days, I have enjoyed my weekend.
Yesterday was a Friday off, as usual. One thing I love about my grad school program - the teachers don't want to teach on Fridays so we always have Fridays off. My friend just recently had a baby (well, he's 6 weeks old) and I had not met him yet. Plus she's moving back to her home country soon so a Friday off worked out wonderfully to meet this little guy. I drove over to her apartment and she opened the door, holding this beautiful, nice tan skin baby with all his toes and fingers, brown eyes and some patchy hair. He was gorgeous and big. Apparently he will be a tall kid seeing as he is currently in the 90th percentile for his age. What was neat was to see my friend transformed into a mommy. She looked wonderful holding her baby boy. I got to hold him too, which was fun. I secretly tested some of his reflexes to see what he had going on without upsetting him (see, I was studying for pediatrics!). We had a lovely time just chatting about our lives since we've last seen each other. They'll be back for a visit when he's 6 months so I'll get to see what a handsome young man this little baby grows into.
But that wasn't all I had planned for Friday. Sean and I went on a triple date with two couples from our Sunday School class to a Thai restaurant and then went back to play games at one of their apartments. I was slightly apprehensive about Thai food: not because I thought it was bad, but because I thought it was all spicy. My spice tolerance is non-existent. I have recently been able to eat some salsa served at the Mexican restaurants with chips, but that's about it. Have no fear, however, Karenna loves Thai food and had several great recommendations. I had phad soam lot and Sean had Thai Basil (the name of the restaurant). It was so yummy! We all decided that it would have to be a repeat date in the future. For our game Dave and Kelsey taught us how to play hand and foot. It was pretty easy to figure out, especially when Sean functioned as my calculator. We had a lot of funny conversations throughout the night that left my cheeks hurting at times. I am so blessed to have found such good friends at my new church!
That's not all for this weekend either (you might be wondering if I've gotten any studying done). This morning after Sean made me my Saturday morning pancakes (such a sweeety) we headed out to the Farmers' Market to check out the veggies and fruits and see if we could find a present for his dad. I just enjoy walking around and looking at all the stuff for sale. We ended up buying granola, veggie chips and some cherry chutney for his dad (he's into health foods) and I bought a flower plant. I don't know what type it is; only that its leaves are a fall orange. I also tried some citrus tea which tasted like the sweet tea and lemonade combination. After that we headed home to let the studying begin :(
Only one fun event left on the calendar for this weekend and that is my good friend Jaci's birthday lunch after church tomorrow! I'm excited because I don't get to see her that often since she has to work on girls' night. So yay! But I'm canceling on Sunday dinner with my parents because of all these outings and the need to study. Plus my exam on Monday was moved from 1:00 to 10:30, so I have less time to study for it. On the flip side, I have more time to study for the rest of my exams. By Thursday at 10:00 am, however, I will be done! Woohoo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment