Monday, February 21, 2011

Happy Valentine's to Me!

We celebrated early on Saturday so I'm rather late, but who really wants to read all Valentine's post close to Valentine's Day, right?

Well, my Sean surprised me with red roses and a card that morning. We ate our normal breakfast, but the rest of our day was not normal. After I was ready for the day, we got in the car for a drive since I didn't know where we were going. We ended up at our local farmers' market and enjoyed walking around, trying the random samples of food and drinks that can be found there. We ended up purchasing fresh-squeezed orange juice which tasted like my Poppy's orange juice and kettle corn for our traditional Valentine's Day movie, Beauty and the Beast.

But wait, after returning home to put the OJ away, we had another surprise activity. Sean took me to our favorite park by the river where we walked around and chatted. Apparently it was also flag football time so we got to watch a little football. Then it was time at our new favorite sub place.

Following lunch, it was time for Beauty and the Beast. We watched it on our first Valentine's day when I didn't have my own copy of it and hadn't seen it in years. Seeing as it is my favorite movie, it was a good pick then and still is today.

To finish, we walked to Jeremiah's Italian Ice for dessert. I got my favorite, pina colada and Sean got his fav, cookies and cream. We walked back and got ready for the concluding event of the evening, breakfast for dinner at a couple's home from our Sunday School class. It was a great day of chatting and I got to hold the baby for the first time without him crying! Success at last. I got to cherish the minutes of holding him and bouncing him. It was my present from him and I loved it!

On the actual Valentine' Day, we went to see a free screening of a new Christian movie: The Grace Card. Once you get past the sub-par acting, the plot line was good. Since I'm such a sucker and cry at basically anything, I will have to admit that Sean made me cry on Valentine's Day. If you liked Facing the Giants, then you probably will like it.

And that was my Valentine's Day! Isn't my husband great? I sure think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment