BUT YOU'VE GOTTA HAVE FRIENDS!
I am so thankful for my friendships! This week is my spring break: half of it I'm here and then the other half I'm going to NY with my parents to see Billy, check out the campus and go to a formal on Saturday night [sin Senor Seano, however :(].
But back to why you've gotta have friends. Sean is gone for the first half of my break. I joked with him that he was jealous of me leaving without him, so he had to leave and go somewhere for my spring break. If he was jealous, his plan could not have worked better. He returns the day I leave, so all he has to greet him is the PT.
Onto the friends part: I am still not accustomed to living by myself, especially since I'm not supposed to. Isn't that a major part of being married? You have a lifetime roommate? Well anyways I stayed at home on Monday, except for the 2 hours of shopping (Target shopping and then grocery). I cooked 2 dinners, bought a filing box and organized all the coupons and bills and other random pieces of paper. I can only deal with one day of silence, though, which is why I made plans with Jessica to go the beach one of the 3 days I'm here.
Side story: Jessica and I are the worst people to pick beach days! One spring break we wound up being exfoliated by the sand and covering ourselves in our towels to stay warm from the cold wind blowing (and causing the exfoliation). Yesterday we stayed in our travel clothes (and Jess had a jacket on) and we covered ourselves in our towels because yesterday was an overcast day and was cold and we only had 3 minutes of sunshine.
Back on topic now: We went to the beach yesterday and had a good time people watching (how many times have you seen people at the beach in sweatshirts?) and we even saw a dolphin swimming. We also had a good time just chatting. We did not, however, change our pale status. We were out for most of the day together, which was nice. I came home and had 2 hours before my next event, so I made Sean's favorite cookies and some extras to take when I visit work tomorrow. I then went out to Cheesecake factory to visit my high school friends again. I love chatting with them. We stayed out until 10:30, catching up on the month that had passed since we had seen each other and then I came home and went to bed.
Yesterday was a great day only because of good friends. Otherwise I would have been so pathetic being sad that I'm here all by myself in this quiet apartment with nothing to do. I'm glad my friends saved me from my pathetic-ness. :)
Today I'm going to visit my old job and then clean up a little bit and then go to girls' night. Another busy day, but it's a good busy, since I'm not busy with school work!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment