This time last year I was going shopping crazy with my mom for clothes for my honeymoon. I had an entire new wardrobe for the 7 day cruise. This time, I did my shopping by myself. Mom had to work, so I took my birthday money and hit the stores. I'm pretty sure that I guaranteed job security for several workers with the amount of clothes I tried on.
What's different with living with a boy and not with mom, for instance, is that he's not that interested in seeing the abundance of my purchases or making comments about what jewelry goes good with that top or things like that. He did try, which I appreciated, but it's just different.
I guess that's why it's good that mom and I are going for pedicures tonight. We can chat about outfits and other such nonsense that composes part of the shopping experience.
(I tried to post a picture of all my purchases, but it just kept posting the code for it. I guess Sean will have to figure that one out for me)
Off to run errands now. I have to stop by the dry cleaners to get my gown and his suit ready. We did go dancing on Monday night to freshen up our ballroom skills. It was Sean and I, Sean's co-worker and girlfriend and the teacher's student. The smallness of the class made me nervous because the 2 other guys were very good and I am still a beginner, but I got over it. The benefit of dancing with excellent dancers is that they lead really well, which makes following so much easier. I stepped on toes, but so did they, so we're even. I still like dancing with Sean the best, however! I make mistakes and so does he, but I'm not nervous with him and that makes it so much more enjoyable!
We're supposed to make ginger cookies for the cruise. Ginger decreases motion sickness (a problem for Sean), so that was his date night activity for the month of May. Hopefully we'll get to it. I better make sure we have all the ingredients.
Alright, so dry cleaning, grocery store and pedicures later in the evening. Adios :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So you are going on another cruise? I totally know the feeling about the clothes thing. My mom was always sooo good about telling me if something wasn't the most flattering.. Ivan has no clue haha.. he does know what he "doesn't" like though.. but never knows what he "does" like.. hahah!
ReplyDeleteWe took ballroom too! But we stopped because it got so expensive.. sounds like you both had fun!
Can't wait to hear about the cruise! Love you friend!
ReplyDelete