Something's lost and can't be found.
I'm on break this week. Sean has just left for work - poor soul, but I remind him that we cruise in 5 days! I start my day checking the computer, looking at facebook pictures from someone's wedding when suddenly I remember that I didn't put my handkerchief from the wedding away and I don't know where it is.
Enter panic and heart beating faster.
You see, for basically the past year I have left the handkerchief in my glove box. I had wrapped it around my flowers the day of the wedding and we drove my car to the hotel that night. Since I didn't want to lose it (it had been my mom's and my grandma's), I put it in the glove box. And there it has stayed for the past 11 months.
Until Friday, when I opened the glove box for some reason and realized that it's not the best place for it. I picked it up and since I was cleaning out my car, I had the thought that I had to make sure I didn't throw it away. And that was my last recollection of what I had done with it.
Now I panic. I go back to the car to see if I had left it in the glove box or some other special spot in the car, but no. I then remember that we still had our trash from Friday, so I pull out another garbage bag and grossly start transferring the trash, looking for it. It's not there.
Then I start praying. to God. See, my Grandma is a Catholic Christian and growing up, whenever something was lost, she would pray to Saint Anthony, since he's in charge of finding lost things. The prayer starts with "Dear Saint Anthony, something's lost and can't be found." Well, I start praying to God asking him to reveal to me what my logic was at the time. I checked all my special spots, but couldn't find it anywhere.
Now I'm just overwhelmed with where to start the cleaning/searching process. I decide to start in the bedroom, since most of my special spots (jewelry box, first dresser drawer) are there. I went back to my purse, which I had already dumped on the bed (good time to clean it) and checked the pockets on the outside, which I never use, but, apparently this time I had! Praise God! I had put it there so I wouldn't throw it away.
In case I can't remember where I put it again, I put it in my wedding bag which is in my card box. You guys got that?
Since I've found it, my heart beat can return to normal and my day can continue on. I believe it shall begin with some shopping!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
lol, too funny! I'm about to call you now!
ReplyDelete