I woke up at 4 in the morning. I had gone to bed at a relatively decent time and was surprised that I could actually fall asleep so quickly. I got up and sat outside with my mom for about an hour just talking, enjoying the sounds of the early morning. We then went to get ready for my hair appointment, which was at 6. We drove to her house and she was ready with bobby pins galore. Her daughter was up to help her and it was neat to catch up with the girl I had played "Indians" with in the backyard.
We then left her house, dropped off the cake topper at the cake lady's house and then came home. I knew once we came back home that time was going to fly. Dad had left to get breakfast and Mrs. Futch, my mom's friend, came over to do my makeup. She had done my make-up for several of my dances in high school. The girls arrived soon and set up camp in my mom's bathroom.
After the makeup was on, I was ready to get in my dress. The dress can stand up on its own, no hanger necessary. Mom then put on my jewelry, dropped an earring down the front of my dress because of her fake nails, but we found it and I was soon ready. My mom then went to get my dad and brother. Billy had been hanging out with my dad for most of the morning. I enjoyed the family time we had in my parents' room. It was a sweet moment.
Now it's off to the church. Slight problem here: I had never sat in my dress, yet alone tried to climb into a limo with it. With the help of Jaci and Alisha, my dress was able to fit in the limo. My dad and I drove off to the church. I don't remember what we talked about, but it was the only time we really spent together that day.
It's wedding time now. We initially were going to stay in the other sanctuary, but they hadn't turned on the AC in time and it was hot! So we moved to my mom's office. Let the picture taking begin. So many, many pictures (I think she took over 1,000 that day).
Now it's time for the ceremony. The doors open and poof, there's the photographer. I was surprised to see her. She stepped back into the pew after snapping a few pictures. I didn't know if I should look at the people or look at Sean. At Brittney's wedding I was so nervous walking down the aisle that I thought I was going to crack up from holding in the laughter (another fun nervous response), so I focused on my husband-to-be. Brad did a wonderful job with the ceremony. We exchanged rings without dropping them and lit only the unity candle, nothing else. I loved the time when we prayed together, I guess for the last time as fiances. And I of course loved the time when we were presented as husband and wife and walked down the aisle with the church bells ringing. I didn't know about the bells and it was such a part of the fairy tale story!
Many more pictures were taken with my new, larger family. I now am an aunt and have a sister-in-law, all new positions. Then we all had to fit in the limo. I'm glad we chose the hummer. I had wanted the classic limo because it's just that, the classic limo, but fitting us all would have been impossible, especially since my dress took up its own seat.
We arrive at the reception hall and get introduced again :)Now it's time for our first dance. Let's see if that semester of ballroom dancing at school paid off. They did and it was just another part of the day that made it a fairy tale. I got spun several times and finished the dance with a dip that was totally unexpected. At toast time, my dad came up and gave a brief speech. I hadn't expected it because he had done his best not to cry at the ceremony or the reception hall and I thought a public speech would be too much. I love that he gave one, though!
We danced and danced and danced and had so much fun! I loved every minute of that day and only wish that we could repeat it! It was now time to leave and after being attacked by bubbles, we got in the car and drove off into our happily ever after!
It's been quite a fun, life-changing year! I wonder what adventures the next year will hold. I know it will at least include adventures to Panama, Costa Rica and Cozumel.
I'm off to pack! I'll be back with lots of pictures and hopefully, wonderful stories. Hasta la vista!
No comments:
Post a Comment