Yesterday was one of those days - one of those days when my sinful nature was just showing its full face. I've been trying to demonstrate the love from 1 Corinthians 13 and am still on the first part being, "love is patient/long suffering." Yesterday I utterly failed at this.
It all began when we were grouped into groups of 8 and all of the dominating/competitive personalities were in my group. I was so frustrated and I know my face was showing it, but I didn't say anything. I sat with one of my classmates for lunch and just totally complained about it for an hour. We then went back to class and continued with our group work. The argumentative debate continued for another hour and then we were paired up. I chose to work with Justin, my seat-mate for most of the time and then it was ok. I came home to Sean and complained to him about it and said some more nasty comments about my classmates.
I've always been taught if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. I don't break that rule when it comes to saying my mean comments face to face with the person. No, I wait and rant with someone else and say mean and wrong things about the person. Now not only am I talking bad about another person, I also am showing my two-face nature: I'll be nice to your face, but if you really annoy me or make me angry, I will just talk bad about you to another person.
Yesterday was a bad day for my Christlikeness. Thankfully God has given me another day and I can rejoice and be glad in it and try to demonstrate love that is long suffering. I'm so glad He has!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ooooh, I'm sorry friend! I love you and I hope you have a better day!
ReplyDeleteSomething I struggle with daily.
ReplyDelete